The Beauty of Retrospect: Cynthia King Week, Part Three

Cynthia King was in such great demand as a model, some advertisers couldn't get enough of her. Look at this photo from a cigarette ad s...

Friday, October 26, 2012

Toko Encore!

A friend of mine on Facebook noticed my latest post and, being very familiar with Toko, was kind enough to send me a color photo of the Japanese fashion model.


She also provided me with a modicum of information about Toko. She appeared in numerous fashion shows in New York, Paris and Milan in the early eighties for the top designers of the time. She was one of the leading models of the catwalk then, I'm led to understand.

I believe this picture is from a Milan fashion show, and my friend tells me that Toko is shown modeling for Gianfranco Ferré, but do you think I, a heterosexual male, care about either where the fashion show was or who designed these clothes? :-D 

 Thanks to my Facebook friend Alfred for making this additional post possible. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment