The Beauty of Retrospect: Cynthia King Week, Part Three

Cynthia King was in such great demand as a model, some advertisers couldn't get enough of her. Look at this photo from a cigarette ad s...

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Special Post: Pat Cleveland Needs Our Help

I'll start my new A-Z round of new subjects shortly.  But first, this special post . . .

Having promoted on this blog a GoFundMe campaign to help Spanish model Nastasia Urbano get out of a state of homelessness and start her life over - a campaign that proved to be a great success - I am now promoting another GoFundMe campaign set up by the husband of American model Pat Cleveland, whom I have featured on this blog many times.  I regret to report that Ms. Cleveland is suffering from colon cancer, and given the lack of safeguards in the modeling profession, and given also the high cost of medical insurance and medical care in the United States, Ms. Cleveland cannot afford treatment without financial help from her friends and fans.  Hence, this GoFundMe campaign.
       

As I've written before, Pat Cleveland is not just any ordinary model; she is a force of nature in the profession, and in a class by herself.  Anyone who's ever met her - this blogger included - knows what a lovely person as well as what a lovely woman she is, and she has long been an icon not just of modeling and fashion but of popular culture.  That's why everyone loves her.  And her friends and fans have shown that love by donating to this GoFundMe campaign to help her get the medical care she needs.

Alas, despite having raised over $138,000 with incredible rapidity, her husband, Dutch photographer Paul Van Ravenstein, has set a goal of $150,000.  This campaign began at the end of March, and after a month and change, it's still, to be exact, $11,466 short.  I have already donated to this campaign but I cannot afford to donate more.  As with Nastasia Urbano's GoFundMe campaign, I am publicizing Pat Cleveland's GoFundMe campaign in an effort to help get it to the $150,000 goal that her husband has established.  Quite frankly, due to the burst of donations that followed the start of this GoFundMe campaign, I thought I wouldn't have to promote it here after having done so on my Miscellaneous Musings blog in early April 2019, figuring that the $150,000 goal would be reached in a very short time.  That turned out not to be the case, and so I am here to ask anyone who can help Ms. Cleveland in her battle with cancer to do so.

This is a campaign I'm eager to promote, and for personal reasons.  Several relatives of mine have died of cancer and an uncle of mine has the same sort of cancer Pat Cleveland has and is fighting it like hell. I may not be able to do much for Ms. Cleveland, but I can do this.

You can go to the GoFundMe page for Pat Cleveland here.

No comments:

Post a Comment