The Beauty of Retrospect: Cynthia King Week, Part Three

Cynthia King was in such great demand as a model, some advertisers couldn't get enough of her. Look at this photo from a cigarette ad s...

Sunday, June 30, 2019

A Special Retrospective: Nastasia Urbano

I close June with a post that's a labor of love.

Spain's Nastasia Urbano was homeless in her hometown of Barcelona when 2019 began, but the GoFundMe page started by a friend of hers, which I provided a link to here and which I documented extensively on my other blog, brought in enough money to help her get an apartment outside town and resume her life . . . and her modeling career. 

You've already seen examples of her new work, which I posted in February 2019.  Now here are some examples of her early work to demonstrate what made her such a wonderful model in the first place.

This 1989 photo, which I colorized myself, shows the depth and intensity that Nastasia (she's a friend of mine, remember) brings to the camera.


And this black-and-white photo from 1988 shows that same intensity.


She has always brought those qualities to her more glamorous work, from this low-keyed, elegant photo sporting a basic black ensemble . . .


. . . to this downright sexy pose in a strapless dress and opera gloves! :-O 


Nastasia Urbano is a very special woman and a very dear friend, and I was happy to be part of the effort to help her get back on her feet.

And with that, and the year being half over, I now move to my retrospective feature - four models, a different model each week - for July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment